Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pasta rack

As much as I enjoy cooking, I have never made my own pasta. It just seems easier to buy. That may change after seeing this. Alex Benson (17) is a new woodworker and cooking enthusiast from Niagara Falls, New York. 

Great gift idea. Heres what he has to say about his device: 

I use an attachment on my KitchenAid mixer to roll and cut fettuccine as well as another attachment for lasagna and spaghetti. This is a rack I just finished for air drying the fettuccine when its done. 
I used an 8x8 piece of hickory for a solid, heavy base. Just a forstner bit hole and a roundover on that. Then I took some leftover dowel from a closet project and drilled the 1/4" holes for the small crossed dowels. A little sanding and a light coat of canola oil finished it up. 
The whole thing is pressure fit together so itll come apart for storage. Ive got the pieces cut for another, because Ive found that the more noodles the merrier!
Rolling out dough


Disassembled rack



Loaded with fettuccine


No comments:

Post a Comment